The Literacy & Learning Symposium Planning Committee is now accepting proposals for sessions at the Literacy & Learning Symposium 2021 (Virtual).
Literacy and Foundational Learning
- Adult Literacy
- Basic Digital Skills
- English Language Learning
- Essential Skills
- Foundational Learners and Learning
- Numeracy Skills for Learning
- Skills for Learning
CALP Programs and Activities
- CALP-funded Family Literacy Programs
- Community Capacity Building
- Financial Literacy
- Learner Support Services
- Learning Activities
- Newcomer Supports for English Language Learners
- Tutoring for English Language Learners (ELL)
- Tutoring in Literacy and Foundational Learning (LFL)
- Workplace Literacy
- CALP Staff and Volunteer Development
- Coaching & Modeling Strategies
- Digital Technology, Tools and Resources
- Facilitation Skills
- Inclusion, Diversity and Safer Spaces
- Indigenous, Metis and/or Inuit Learning and Learners
- Instructional Strategies
- Learner-centred Assessment
- Learning Disabilities
- Trauma-Informed Practices, Mental Health & Learning
- Tutor Training
- Budgeting & Finances
- Community Partnerships and Engagement
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Social Media
- Needs Assessment and/or Evaluation
- Regional Stewardship and Post-Secondary Connections
- Succession Planning
- Volunteer Recruitment and Retention
To be considered, sessions must be engaging learning formats and must have clear learning objectives. Session participants should walk away with knowledge of a tool, strategy or tactic that will enhance their ability to support learners. Participants should also come away from these sessions with a clear understanding of the relevance of the session topic to their work, as well as information on how and where to access additional resources and supports.
Presenters will be asked to answer three questions to identify the session's learning objectives:
· What is the purpose of this session?
· What will the participants learn in this session?
· What will the participants take away from this session?
The answers provided will be included in the published program information to help our Symposium attendees choose the sessions that will meet their individual professional learning needs.
To submit your proposal, please complete the online form at: https://calp.ca/submissions/call-for-presenters-literacy-and-learning-symposium-2021
Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, March 10th, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Please contact Pat Halewich, PD & Events Specialist, Community Learning Network
Please help circulate the Call for Presenters within your networks!