The Newly Revised A.L.L (Adult Literacy and Learning) in Family Literacy Programs
Why did it need to be revised?
In 2019 a new required training for family literacy programs was introduced specifically for CALP-funded programs. It is called “CALP Essentials for Family Literacy Programs” and it focuses on the “what?” and “why?” of CALP-funded family literacy programming. “A.L.L In Family Literacy Programs” was revised this fall to build on this foundation and focus on the “how?”
- We have expanded the time devoted to learning about adult literacy strategies that can be used in family literacy programming
- Participants will have more time to experience a CALP-funded Family Literacy Program sample session
- Participants will have more hands-on practice time for planning a sample family literacy program session for CALP-funded programs
- Participants will be able to identify and take away resources and ideas for their own future planning
What hasn’t changed?
- The focus on adult literacy and learning in the context of family literacy programs will continue to be the focus of this training
- Intentional planning that engages all ages of participants in programs
- Resources for literacy and foundational learning strategies to support adult skills development and practice
- Networking opportunities with fellow practitioners
- Practical help for how to go back and plan on your own
*Note: CALP staff and facilitators are encouraged to set a foundation of knowledge by taking the “CALP Essentials for Family Literacy Programs” training prior to the “A.L.L in Family Literacy Programs” training.
Coming soon to a region near you….
CLN North Regional Support Staff
Sign in to view 0 comments