Alberta Health PFA
Region(s): East Central
What is PFA?
PFA (psychological first aid) is an internationally recognized method of support intended to help people during and immediately after a disaster or emergency (including a pandemic). It uses a holistic, community wellness approach to help reduce levels of emotional distress for individuals, families, and communities through practical care, compassion, connection, and support from others.
PFA Virtual Care in a Pandemic training is an interactive 2-hour webinar adapted from the 6 hour in- person training. The training aims to share knowledge, teach skills, build confidence, and increase capacity to support people in the face of a disaster or emergency.
• Understand the timing of interventions for disasters and emergencies.
• How to utilize the PFA Action Principles in virtual environments.
• Identify and provide practical support to those in distress.
• Understand when to refer people to appropriate community supports.
• Explore self-care strategies for disaster response.
View poster here