Seniors and falls: Part 2
Check your medicines
Some medicines can make you dizzy. You might fall.
- Every year, talk to your pharmacist and doctor about all of the medicines you take.
Exercise and eat well
- Exercise for 30 minutes every day. Exercise can make you stronger and help your balance.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Try not to miss meals. You might get dizzy.
- Get your eyes checked every year.
- Wear flat shoes with rubber soles. In the winter, wear boots with rubber treads.
- Don't hurry.
- Outdoors: Stairs and sidewalks should be clear of snow, ice and leaves.
- Ask for help if you can't do something safely by yourself.
Call Health Link Alberta for more information:
- Calgary: 403-943-5465
- Edmonton: 780-408-5465
- Other areas: 1-866-408-5465 (free call)