Spider plants: Part 2
Grow new plants
Does your spider plant have plantlets? You can grow new plants.
For each new plant, you will need:
- a small pot with holes in the bottom
- a saucer
- potting soil
- a paper clip
What to do
1. Put some potting soil in the pot.
2. Put the pot next to your spider plant. Put one of the plantlets on top of the soil.
3. Bend a paper clip. Use it to hold down the plantlet.
4. Wait 2 to 3 weeks. The plantlet will grow roots. Remember to water the plantlet!
5. Cut the plantlet from the spider plant. Remove the paper clip. Now you have a new plant.