You will need
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
2. Oil a large cookie sheet.
What to do
3. Put the egg whites in a large bowl. Whisk until foamy.
4. Stir in the nuts. Mix well.
5. Put the sugar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt in a small bowl. Mix well.
6. Pour the sugar mixture over the nuts. Mix well.
7. Spread the nuts on the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes.
9. Cool. Store in sealed containers.
Note: The nuts become crispy after they cool.
This article first appeared in the November-December 2001 issue of English Express.