The Community Learning Network (CLN) is a provincial non-profit association and registered Canadian charity.
Our team includes 13 staff members located in communities throughout Alberta, dedicated to providing relevant and responsive training, professional development, networking opportunities, and supports to over 80 Community Adult Learning Programs (CALPs) across the province.
CALPs are grassroots community-based organizations funded by Alberta Advanced Education to provide, promote and increase access to adult foundational learning opportunities in areas such as:
- Adult Literacy
- Skills for Learning
- Basic Digital Skills
- English Language Learning
- Community Capacity Building
CLN strengthens the Community Adult Learning System in Alberta so that:
- CALPs have access to responsive professional learning
- CALPs deliver quality community-based adult learning
- Funds allocated to the CALP system provide the greatest return on investment, and
- Collaboration, alignment and connectivity exists throughout the system
The CLN is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, who are also Community Adult Learning Program staff and board members.
Our provincial office is located in Edmonton, Alberta.
Community Learning Network works in collaboration with and is supported by funding from the Government of Alberta.