2. The purpose of this document is to explain to members what types of information we will collect and how that information is used. In most cases, we collect this information to ensure that we continue to provide you with the most relevant content and best possible service that suits your needs, and to ensure network integrity. In some cases, we may be required by law to collect personal information about members. Except where the law requires otherwise, we undertake to protect the confidentiality of such data.
3. Community Learning Network respects the privacy of those accessing our website. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our members and users including all personal information, and we undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
4. Community Learning Network collects personal data about our users when you visit the CALP Portal; register an account profile; respond to a poll or survey; register for an event; and through the use of cookie technology.
5. Community Learning Network may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about upcoming CALP professional learning opportunities; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, solicit your feedback. However, Community Learning Network will provide you with an option within you member account profile to opt out of receiving any communications of this nature. You can also contact our provincial office to have your email address removed from our list.
6. Community Learning Network may collect and share aggregated user data with partners, vendors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content and ensuring relevance of content, however such user data will not be used to identify individual users. Our partners and affiliated vendors do not have any independent right to share this information.
7. Community Learning Network may collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our funders, and to audit the use of our site. This data will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
8. Any information Community Learning Network collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via online discussion boards, e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within Community Learning Network or to a third party, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
9. Any information that members disclose in a public space, including on any discussion board or comment section, is available to anyone else whose account provides access to that space. Community Learning Network cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
11. Community Learning Network reserves the right to disclose information about members where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
12. Community Learning Network further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
13. Community Learning Network reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit consent to do so.
14. Community Learning Network reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and to prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
15. Community Learning Network may, in its sole discretion, with or without notice, suspend or terminate your use of this site, and remove and discard any content on the site, for any reason. Community Learning Network may also bar you from any future access to the site. Community Learning Network will not be liable to you for any such suspension, termination or prohibition on future access.
17. These Terms have been reviewed March 22nd, 2017.