What is Microlearning?
Microlearning is an innovative way to quickly acquire new skills and knowledge, at your own pace and in your own time.
Any topic can be stripped down to the core essential components, and organized into bite-sized pieces that allow for self-directed learning and rapid real world application. The goal is to deliver the critical 20% of available information on a topic that will give you 80% of the quick-win results. Microlearning is designed to be easy to digest and to deliver new learnings that you can start using right away.
To complete this workshop, just work through the material at your own pace. You can use the buttons at the bottom of each page to navigate, and to track your own progress. When you feel confident that you have worked through a section or a module, you can mark it as "Complete" and you will automatically move to the next section. You can also click the "Bookmark" button to make sure you can easily navigate back to your favourite tips and resources any time you log in to the CALP Portal.
Click the "Start Workshop" button below!
- Assessment For Learning
- Building Literacy: A Learner-Centred Guide for Teachers, Tutors and Practitioners of Adult Literacy
- Creating Instructional Materials using Plain Language
- Essential Skills
- Foundational Learning Lesson Planning
- Instructional Strategies for Reading
- Instructional Strategies for Writing
- Working With Volunteers: Your Greatest Partner