Human rights in Alberta
You can read and listen to:
- Let's talk about discrimination
- Alberta law protects your rights
- 5 protected areas
- 13 protected grounds of discrimination
- What is harassment?
- Workers’ needs
- Areas and grounds go together:
- Questions and answers
- How to make a complaint
- Getting help and information
- Download a read-only PDF of the special issue (8 tabloid-sized pages)
- Download the Teaching Notes for the special issue
Note: This special issue does not use legal language. Contact the Alberta Human Rights and Citizenship Commission if you need more information.
How to order copies:
Individuals, education programs for adults, K-12 schools, libraries and agencies can order copies of this special issue from the Alberta Human Rights and Citizenship Commission.
Phone: In Calgary, 403-297-6571; in Edmonton, 780-427-7661; outside Calgary and Edmonton, call 310-0000 (free), then enter the Calgary or Edmonton area code and number
People who are deaf or hard of hearing with TTY: In Calgary, 403-297-5639; in Edmonton, 780-427-1597; outside Calgary and Edmonton, 1-800-232-7215 (free)
Publication date: 2008
Funded by: the Human Rights, Citizenship and Multiculturalism Education Fund, in co-operation with Alberta Advanced Education and Technology